Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bee Lady 2

Bee Lady 2 

EDIT: re-uploaded the image after making some contrast tweaks.

Wow, I’ve been working on this on and off for like… two years. Sad. Anyway, this is the second in what I guess is a series now.
Yeah I don’t really know why I didn’t post this when I finished it. I’m so bored by the commission work I’m doing right now that I found myself finishing this. All I did was touch up the glowy parts a bit, and that seemed to make a big difference.

So I guess this is my homage to every comic-book cover artists who ever turned the female body into a rubber, skeletonless, sex object. There’s all sorts of things wrong with perspective and light and anatomy here, but that’s kind of become a theme in the Bee Lady paintings. (lol there’s only two of them, what am I even saying.) But heck if I didn’t just want to paint a bee lady in stilettos. And that’s really what all this has been about.

I’ve got a third bee lady painting in the works, but I’d like to hear if any of you have suggestions for future images.

The first Bee Lady (aka Her Majesty’s Courier)


Will Strong said...

Yes! The bee lady is back. I love these.

Balgram said...

I like this.

I wanna see her in combat of some kind, if a comic book hero she is indeed.

Mostly I'd just be happy to see more of her. Or a shot where I can see her front view (I'm curious how her suit looks from front and back).

Whee! You color so well.